Thursday, April 17, 2014

A Caress of Twilight By: Laurell K. Hamilton

 ~*~Book Description~*~

“I am Princess Meredith, heir to a throne—if I can stay alive long enough to claim it.”
After eluding relentless assassination attempts by Prince Cel, her cousin and rival for the Faerie crown, Meredith Gentry, Los Angeles private eye, has a whole new set of problems. To become queen, she must bear a child before Cel can father one of his own. But havoc lies on the horizon: people are dying in mysterious, frightening ways, and suddenly the very existence of the place known as Faerie is at grave risk. So now, while she enjoys the greatest pleasures of her life attempting to conceive a baby with the warriors of her royal guard, she must fend off an ancient evil that could destroy the very fabric of reality. And that’s just her day job. . . .


~*~My Review~*~

Ok, book #2 in the Merry Gentry series! 

I still am a little hesitant with this series, just because I see some seriously mixed reviews. Between my Goodreads friends, real-life friends, and other bloggers...there really is no consistency. 

That being said...I really did like the second book.

I felt more comfortable in A Caress of Twilight than I did in A Kiss of Shadows, mostly because the main characters we've finally met and gotten to know more as well as the life of being a sidhe. 

I've read fantasy books before that revolve around the fae (mostly Karen Marie Moning's Fever series), so I understood most of it. But the first book did have a lot of important information that I probably didn't pay enough attention to, but now I understand a whole lot more after reading this book.

Ok...

So, Merry is back in LA with all of her guards/lovers. We have Frost (yum), Doyle, Galen, Rhys, Nicca, and Kitto (not a guard but more 'pet'). She is having her fun romps on the sacks with all so far except Doyle and Galen...both for very different reasons. Though, in this book we finally get to the bottom of what's going on with Galen as well as some unexpected turn of events in the sack for our little Miss. Meredith.

Merry and the boys have had to take a step back from the PI business because of the bad stuff going down with the Nameless and some crazy group deaths. Lots of time for plotting and planning without having to go into work for now, huh?! Or maybe, just some extra time for some lovin...yea, not so much really. LOL

We still have our little humor bits here and there, and we even having feelings of love floating in the air.

Merry is definitely a very special heroine. She is very educated and knowledgeable about the faerie life and those that live in it. I love her brain and her personality! Dare I think I like her more than Anita Blake.....no....not yet, but she's could be in the running!

Great book. Laurell K. Hamilton did another great job!