Sunday, December 14, 2014

SPOTLIGHT -- Scarlett Jade's "Saving Grace"



***Blurb***

The rule was simple—don't fall in love with a student. Drake had never had that problem—not until he met the buxom brunette in the bar. Grace was one of a kind, virginal but far from chaste. 
When she wanted him to teach more than history, he was left with a choice that could ruin them both.
Grace was always the good girl, until she met her wild best friend, Christina, who pushed her out of her shell. She fell head over heels for the sexy, young college professor, but when everything shattered around her, she was left with figuring out who she really was. Her journey led her somewhere she never imagined, but along the way she learned that even the wildest roses have to put down roots in a place they can call home.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

***Excerpt***

“I'm Grace.”

“Has anyone told you that you're seriously adorable?” Christina grinned as she returned to her bags and began pulling clothes out.

Grace shook her head and kicked the door closed absentmindedly. “Do you need glasses?” she quipped.

Christina smirked and hung a shiny, strapless piece of fabric up on a hanger. “No. 20/20 vision here, sweetie.” She hung the hanger up in the closet and turned with a smile on her face. “Let me guess where you come from.”

Grace plopped down on her twin sized bed and hefted her bag up beside her. “Where I come from?” She parroted back.

Christina nodded, a thin finger tapping her full lips. “You're a nun.”


Grace giggled. “No.”

“Witness protection?” Christina asked. “Definitely no.” Grace giggled at the thought. “Well, I'm stumped,” Christina finally admitted.



“You're definitely uncomfortable with me.”

Grace gulped, a little embarrassed to be called out by a girl she barely knew. “Yeah, a little, maybe.” “Why?” Christina asked, her face kind and curious.


Grace swallowed. “I'm just not used to...um...well...people like you.”

Christina grinned again and giggled, her braless breasts jiggling in her top. “Honey, no one is used to 'people like me',” she retorted, using air quotes to accentuate her words.

Grace blushed again and glanced down at her bag. “I assumed I'd be put with someone like me,” she finally whispered.

Christina paused in putting another tiny scrap of fabric on a hanger. “Someone like you?”
“Yeah.” She sighed. “I wanted someone safe. So I could study.”

Christina tossed the hanger and shiny fabric on her bed and propped her hands on her hips.

 “Look here, I might be flamboyant, but I busted my ass to get into Yale, just like you did. You can be smart and still have fun, Grace,” she sniffed.

Grace spluttered, “I-um didn't mean that! I just. I don't know. I'm sorry,” she finished lamely.

“College is about getting new experiences, Grace. Opening your wings and learning to fly.

You're gonna meet strange eggs like me all through your life. You may as well get used to it now,” Christina stated.

Grace nodded. “I meant no offense.”

Christina shrugged. “I know you didn't. I still think you’re a nun.”

Grace finally smiled sheepishly. “No, just a preacher's daughter.”

“Oh!” Christina laughed. “That explains it. You think I'm a heathen.”

“No!” Grace shook her head vehemently. “I'm jealous of you,” she admitted. “I wish I could be you. Instead I'm me.” She swept her hand down her full figure and sighed.

“Honey, you're just an hourglass with a few extra minutes. It's more time for a man to love those curves!” Christina giggled as she shimmied her shoulders and her boobs swayed.

Grace blushed again. “No man wants this hourglass.”

Christina snorted. “That's because you've been dealing with little boys. College guys are all about boobs and sex.”

Grace turned crimson, the heat swirling up into her hairline. “I seriously doubt that.”

Christina turned back to her bag. “Well, hang out with me long enough and I'll prove you wrong!”

Grace had no doubts that hanging out with the wild Christina would land her in hot water. 

The thought was thrilling. She smiled to herself as she unzipped her bag and began pulling out her clothes. 

Available here:

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

***Bio***

Scarlett Jade is just a small town Southern girl who is now a Northern transplant. She was always found from a young age with her brow furrowed, scribbling words on paper. Now that she is grown, life isn't much different, she still scribbles words, but mostly on the computer! She is married to the man of her dreams, her real life knight in shining armor and Prince Charming. She has one son who is the apple of her eye and she homeschools year round. You can typically find her playing in the dirt with her son or snuggled on the couch with her dog Peanut, reading a good book. She loves chocolate, thinks coffee should be a religion, and loves to make people laugh with her quirky sense of humor. She is bold, brazen, and even been told she's ballsy, but she doesn't mind, she takes it in stride. She has a huge passion for all things paranormal and has a penchant for spicy love stories that leave you turning the pages and dying to slide between the sheets of her next book!

Social Media Information

Amazon page: http://amzn.to/1jrtKw6