Sunday, May 15, 2016

Review: How to Kill a Rock Star by Tiffanie DeBartolo


Written in her wonderfully honest, edgy, passionate and often hilarious voice, Tiffanie DeBartolo tells the story of Eliza Caelum, a young music journalist, and Paul Hudson, a talented songwriter and lead singer of the band Bananafish. Eliza's reverence for rock is equaled only by Paul's, and the two fall wildly in love. 

When Bananafish is signed by a big corporate label, and Paul is on his way to becoming a major rock star, Eliza must make a heartbreaking decision that leads to Paul's sudden disappearance and a surprise knock-your-socks-off ending.




One of those fantastic love connections that you are just in complete envy of. From the moment these two lay eyes on each other their connection is pure and honest. They see the world through different eyes than someone like myself does, and that is so refreshing to read. It really makes me appreciate the small moments and the connections I have with my loved ones.
How to Kill a Rock Star was so very amazing. Though I did feel that I knew what was going to happen, and foresaw the big moments, I still think it was well written and a fun story to read. I think there are the clues that were given that gave me the "Oh, so that's where this is going" moments and I'm not 100% certain if that was purposeful of the author or not but it really doesn't even matter. It was worth reading and I'd recommend it to anyone wanting a good TRUE love story and not just cheesy romance.




Check it out on Goodreads: