Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Seduced by Midnight By: Laurell K. Hamilton

~*~Book Description~*~

My aunt, the Queen of Air and Darkness, is no longer distracted by her usual sadistic hobbies. Her obsession has turned unwaveringly to me. The mission to get me pregnant and beat my cousin Prince Cel to the crown is taking longer than expected. Even though I spend each night with the Queen’s Ravens, my immortal guards, no child has come of our decadent pleasures. But something else is happening. My magic courses through me uncontrollably. And as I lock my half-mortal body with their full-Sidhe blooded ones, the power surges like never before.

It all began with the chalice. I dreamed of it, and it appeared, cool and hard, beside me when I awoke. My guards know the ancient relic well—its disappearance ages ago stripped them of their vital powers. But it is here with us now. My touch resonates with its force, and they’re consumed with it, their Sidhe essences lit up by it. But even as they cherish me for this unexpected gift, there are those who loathe me for it. Me, a mongrel, only half fey and part mortal. The Unseelie court has suffered for so long, and there are some who would not have it weakened further by an impure queen. My enemies grow in number every day. But they do not know what I am capable of. Nor, for that matter, do I….

In Seduced by Moonlight, Laurell K. Hamilton brings the dark, erotic reign of the immortal fey to a startling new depth. Full of sensuality and the consuming anticipation of latent powers unleashed, this world of gods, shapeshifters, and immortal souls is unveiled in all of its supreme magnificence and its treacherous deceits.


~*~My Review~*~

Man, what a feast for paranormal lovers. Princess Meredith is seriously pretty bad ass, and for anyone to think otherwise is just dumb.

I love the idea that is no longer a mere-mortal.....hmm....wonder if the rumors are true!?! Seems so to me, but I think we all figured that was going to come to a head eventually anyway...right....right?

So, in Seduced by Midnight...we had lots of little power trips coming along, didn't we? Nicca, bless his little heart got a boost, as well as the yummy Frost...oh and of course the mysterious Doyle....can't forget the "tiny" demi-fey, Sage....poor poor exiled Maeve Reed, also got her powers back....hmmm...anyone else?? Oh yea, Bartinthus....oops, I forgot Kitto. I think that's all...oh this was within a few days! LOL

So Meredith is slightly possessed with the powers of Danu....hence the ability to bring sidhe into their powers and/or bring their powers back.

It was kind of a power trip...LOL...totally pun intended!

Merry and her men head back to Unseelie court for a few days full of events. Well the book ended only after day 1. And a mighty busy day that was! Which included, but not limited too, an additional handful of men to which she needs to bed (including Sholto!), a duel to the death, a blood rage spell on the Queen to which she slaughters most the guard, a wet reunion with Bartinthus (hehe), an assassination attempt on Merry, and even some possession tricks.

Very intense and in depth book. I may need to go back and re-read it to really get what the hell happened, lol!