Thursday, June 19, 2014

Dance with the Devil By: Sherrilyn Kenyon

Zarek's Point of View:

Dark-Hunter: A soulless guardian who stands between mankind and those who would see mankind destroyed. Yeah, right. The only part of that Code of Honor I got was eternity and solitude. 

Insanity: A condition many say I suffer from after being alone for so long. But I don't suffer from my insanity-I enjoy every minute of it. 

Trust: I can't trust anyone...not even myself. The only thing I trust in is my ability to do the wrong thing in any situation and to hurt anyone who gets in my way.

Truth: I endured a lifetime as a Roman slave, and 900 years as an exiled Dark-Hunter. Now I'm tired of enduring. I want the truth about what happened the night I was exiled-I have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Astrid (Greek, meaning star): An exceptional woman who can see straight to the truth. Brave and strong, she is a point of light in the darkness. She touches me and I tremble. She smiles and my cold heart shatters.

Zarek: They say even the most damned man can be forgiven. I never believed that until the night Astrid opened her door to me and made this feral beast want to be human again. Made me want to love and be loved. But how can an ex-slave whose soul is owned by a Greek goddess ever dream of touching, let alone holding, a fiery star?




One of my favorite book in the Dark Hunter series....Dance with the Devil.

The bad ass and wonderfully snarky DH, Zarek, in his cold cold world of Alaska.

Zarek has been deemed too dangerous to be around others, so for the past 900 years, he's been alone in Alaska. After a quick trip to New Orleans, Zarek is back in Alaska trying to stay alive.

Artemis and Acheron have agreed to allow Zarek to be judged to determine if he should be killed or allowed to live. The sweet and innocent, Astrid (the three fates' little sister) is the one that must judge him.

Astrid is determined to find the good in Zarek even though he isn't exactly the nicest person. But, of course, she notices the little things he does for her and she makes it her mission to find reason to deem him innocent.

These two are adorable and witty with each other. Their connection is sweet and loving and proves that everyone deserves another chance.

I have so many favorite quotes from this book, but here are the top three I've limited it to.