Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Night Pleasures By: Sherrilyn Kenyon

Dear Reader,

Have you ever wanted to know what it's like to be immortal? To journey through the night stalking the evil that preys on humans? To have unlimited wealth, unlimited power? That is my existence, and it is dark and dangerous. I play hero to thousands, but am known to none. And I love every minute of it.

Or so I thought until one night when I woke up handcuffed to my worst nightmare: a conservative woman in a button-down shirt. Or in Amanda's case, buttoned all the way up to her chin. She's smart, sexy, witty, and wants nothing to do with the paranormal-in other words, me.

My attraction to Amanda Devereaux goes against everything I stand for. Not to mention the last time I fell in love it cost me not only my human life, but also my very soul. Yet every time I look at her, I find myself wanting to try again. Wanting to believe that love and loyalty do exist.

Even more disturbing, I find myself wondering if there's any way a woman like Amanda can love a man whose battle scars run deep, and whose heart was damaged by a betrayal so savage that he's not sure it will ever beat again.

Kyrian of Thrace



The official Book 1 in the Dark Hunter series! Oh such a fan-freaking-tastic book!

In Night Pleasures we get a really good breakdown of most things "dark-hunter". What they are. How they became. Who they are...etc....

Specifically we are learning about Kyrian, an ancient Greek General turned Dark Hunter after being betrayed by the woman he loved, and now is over two thousand years old.

Little Miss. Amanda, well she's just a little stinker isn't she. Determined to live her life in the boring lane, she has done everything possible to not accept her sorceress powers and hide behind a facade.

Until the day she meets Kyrian. Ooo how the sparks do fly!

The enemy has came into some serious powers and it's up to the DH's to figure out how to destroy them!

Insert Acheron....

Dear Zeus...the world of the dark hunters just wouldn't be near as good if they didn't have our dear, dear, sweetling Acheron! (Duh, right!)