Thursday, August 7, 2014

Dark Skye By: Kresley Cole

Eternal Obsession... 

As a boy, Thronos, Lord of Skye Hall, loved Lanthe, a mischievous Sorceri girl who made him question everything about his Vrekener clan. But when the two got caught in the middle of their families’ war, tragedy struck, leaving Thronos and Lanthe bitter enemies. Though centuries have passed, nothing can cool his seething need for the beautiful enchantress who scarred his body - and left an even deeper impression on his soul.

Endless Yearning...
 


Lanthe, a once-formidable sorceress struggling to reclaim her gifts, searches for love and acceptance with all the wrong immortal suitors. But she’s never forgotten Thronos, the magnificent silver-eyed boy who protected her until she was ripped from the shelter of his arms. One harrowing night changed everything between them. Now he’s a notorious warlord with a blood vendetta against Lanthe, hunting her relentlessly.

Can the heat of desire burn brighter than vengeance?
 


With their families locked in conflict and battles raging all around them, will Thronos and Lanthe succumb to the brutal chaos that threatens everything they cherish? Or will the fragile bond they formed so long ago spark a passion strong enough to withstand even the darkest doubts? 




I want to tell you this was as epic as it gets.

I want to tell you this was everything I could have hoped.

I want to tell you that Melanthe and Thronos' connection was beyond control!

But I just can't.

I honestly think I hyped myself up too much for this book. I realized that when, at one point (which as NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER happened in a Kresley Cole book before)I couldn't wait to be done with it. (NEVER EVER EVER EVER)

I wanted to just fall in love with Lanthe and Thronos' story. But I really just felt it was so draggy. Too many times I found myself thinking "seriously?"

I can admit with full bad-ass-ness, that I did cry in one part...a part that I've been dying to read about for 14 books now!!! I refuse to reveal any spoilers, so I'm leaving it at that!

I'm the first to admit that obviously every book isn't going to be GOLD (haha, see what I did there...well you'd have to know Melanthe to understand then). I will continue on as a life-long fan of KC and will try not to hype myself up for the next book.