Monday, December 22, 2014

Outlander Series -- By: Diana Gabaldon



Ok...so it took me a total of 2 years, and 2 re-reads of the first couple books, to finally complete the Outlander series! It sounds so awful when I say it like that. But I don't regret it in the slightest!

I've read the first two books three times, and the third and fourth two times.

This past September, I decided (of course withe amazing success of the television show) to finally complete the series.

Since there is a lot of politics involved and I can get lost pretty easily in politics, I decided to just go from book 1 to book 8 without stopping. That, took me 4 months!

I literally just put down book 8...and I can't even handle how much I love these characters!

Jamie and Claire are such likable people. There isn't a single point in any of the books that I dislike either of them.

It's not your traditional love story. There is heart break (and not the kind that is just from a stupid girl nothing thinking before she walks away from the love of her life for a total of two weeks), anger, amusement, frustration, humor, jealous....I mean seriously...it has every angle you could possibly think of for a love story in the 1700's!

I've cried, I've laughed, and I've longed for such a connection as Jamie and Claire have together!

Diana Gabaldon is an amazing woman.  Her style of writing is so perfect that you really feel these characters are a part of the real world. Yes there are moments of boring day to day life and yes there are times you get confused in the politics. BUT the other 95% of the SERIES makes up for it immensely!

If I had to pick a favorite out of the whole series so far, I think I'd have to pick book 4, Drum of Autumn. I loved every moment of that book.