Thursday, March 26, 2015

Highlander's Challenge By: Jo Barrett

Amelia Tucker, or Tuck as she prefers to be called, latest personal bodyguard assignment turns into one she'll never forget, thanks to a crazed kidnapper, one enchanted fountain, and a sixteenth century Highland Warrior determined to keep her under lock and key. Who will win this battle of wills?



I love highlander stories, but I can't lie, I really didn't enjoy this one. I think a part of it though was that I listened to it on audio book which normally I don't. The monotone story telling just didn't give me a great visual for it and ended up me just waiting for it to get over.

But I also really wasn't a fan of "Tuck". Amelia, aka Tuck is this big ol'security guard type female solider. I just have a visual of Brienne from Game of Thrones as Amelia and that really isn't the most romantic type female lead I enjoy reading about. She had a very bad and annoying attitude and I just had a hard time connecting her and Colin.