Thursday, January 23, 2014

Sanctum By: Lexi Blake

Novella from the Masters and Mercenaries series, this story follow the manager of Sanctum, Ryan and his ex-sub Jillian.

Ryan has been a wreck the past two years without Jillian in his life. He asked a fellow Dom friend of his to take over the contract he had with Jillian when he felt he couldn't care for her anymore.

Little did he know that Jillian's past two years have been just as hard on her. Not because of the fellow Dom, but because she gave up the lifestyle and has been struggling to make ends meet.

She get hired at Sanctum as the bartender position, and as fate would have it, these two love birds rekindle their attraction for one another.

Of course, Jillian is too scared to be "given away" again, but I don't blame her for that. And of course, Ryan wants nothing more than to do whatever he can to be with her again after seeing the error of his way.

Their attraction is fast and hot. They know each others bodies already and that's nice in a novella so a lot of the first time nervousness doesn't happen. I also really enjoyed the female lead role having piercings. She was the first I've ever read that had a few piercings already and it made the sensual scenes even better!

Great novella. I'm not normally a fan of them, but I really love this series and since I skipped over it when I read the other books, I'm glad I went back to it so I could actually see the outcome of Ryan/Jills arrangement.