Saturday, September 13, 2014

SPOTLIGHT -- Gracie Wilson's "The Broken Girl"



The Broken Girl (Lonely Girl Series Book 2)

***Blurb***

What if one day you woke up and found your heart had been shattered? You lost the one person you loved more than anything. 

What happens when you learn to move on even though you thought you’d never be able to again? Is it worth the risk to try and let someone in? Is it better to be left alone then take the chance of more heartache? 

This time will be different. Becca slowly starts to put the shattered pieces of her heart back together only to have it broken again by someone she trusted. Can her heart that was barely healed in the first place be fixed, again? 

Becca falls for someone new, but will her heart be safe. Will she survive the secrets that come out from the past? Love is worth the risk. Can she really believe that? The question is: is he worth the risk? 

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

***Excerpt***

“Becca. It will be okay. Jake is just resting. His body needs it just like you did when it was you lying here and Jake begging you to wake up.” He looks like he wants to say something more but isn’t sure what I can handle.


“What is it, Alec?”

He looks at me, trying to scale my emotions before continuing. “I know you are in love with Jake. I think I knew before you knew. I know you love Keegan too, but your going to have to choose one day. For the record though, I was here when Jake was making the same plea to wake you up. He’s in love with you too, Becca. He’s just scared of losing you if you don’t choose him. If I was him, I’d rather have you in my life as my friend than not at all” I’m shocked by this because Jake has continually told me we are just friends. Could he have been hiding it just like I was?

Alec continues, “Keegan will remember you. Who, by the way, is asking to see you.” I look to Jake and want to tell Alec to tell him I’m busy, but I’d hate to be in his position. I think of the difficulty of trying to pick up pieces of my life that I couldn’t remember. I turn to Jake and give him a gentle kiss on his lips. “Jake, I’ll be back. I love you, so please come back to me.” 

 My brother walks me to the door of Keegan’s room and I stop before I go in. “I can’t do this.” I turn to run away, but my brother doesn’t let me.


“I’m going to go spend some time with Jake. You need to talk to Keegan. Even with all his screw-ups, he was a good friend to you. I don’t know how I feel about you being with him, after learning the truth while you were gone, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want you to make your own choice. I will not stop you from whoever that is, as long as they take care of you. I’m done trying to control your life and make sure it’s perfect. Instead, I’m going to help you keep your secrets, if that’s what you need, or I’ll be the big brother who kicks some ass. Whatever it is. That’s me now, okay, Becca?” I nod and hug him before turning around and walking through those doors to Keegan. 

Click here to purchase The Broken Girl

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

**Biography**

Gracie Wilson, look for her in the trees enjoying nature’s wonders, traveling to see the latest animal conservations, or at aquariums all around the world. This girl loves nature and all animals. She has many pets and is always adding new editions. The more the merrier in her mind. Sitting under the shade reading a book, letting the world around her pass by, while she is safe in her bubble of imagination. Well that is where she’d love to stay. She is a softball player, can be talked into the occasional Karaoke and loves going out to dance. She is a first generation Canadian living in Ontario. Her family is from Scotland, so finding her in the hot sun for very long is unlikely, but give her rain and thunderstorms and she’s golden.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
Social Media Information

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
Check out my book review for The Broken Girl herehttp://ithinkineedmorebooks.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-broken-girl-by-gracie-wilson.html
Check out my book review for The Lonely Girl http://ithinkineedmorebooks.blogspot.com/2014/06/the-lonely-girl-by-gracie-wilson.html
Check out my SPOTLIGHT for The Lonely Girl http://ithinkineedmorebooks.blogspot.com/2014/05/spotlight-gracie-wilson.html