Monday, October 27, 2014

SPOTLIGHT -- N.C. Winters' "The Escape"




****Blurb****

When tragedy strikes the life of twenty-one year old Annabelle Martin, the only thing she knows to do is run. She takes her best friend Harper Reed and moves to a small town in Tennessee. The two begin a new life in the country, not expecting to fall in love. When Anna met Paisley he was everything she'd ever wanted in a man, Harper fell for his best friend, Ryder, and life was perfect for them - until something terrible happens. Will Anna ever get to experience her happy-ever-after or will the tragedy of her past haunt her forever, leaving her with a constant reminder of her horrid past?

★☆ ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆ ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
 

***Excerpt***

“Would you like to see the balcony?” I asked him with a wink. He practically jumped up, following me outside. I stood with my hands on the banister, just soaking in the view of Nashville.

“You sure are beautiful, Miss Belle.” I turned around and gave him a smile. Those blue eyes were amazing. I felt his hand run up my side, then back down to the small of my back. He reached down and planted the smallest, sweetest kiss right on my cheek. I felt my face get hot.

“Well, Mr. Paisley, you're not too bad yourself.” I gave him a wink. We walked back in and all of us sat at the table and ate like we had not eaten in a month. He can't go, I don't want him to leave. Will he think I’m a slut if I ask him to stay? I sucked in a deep breath.

“Well, it’s three a.m., do you all want to stay here?” Harper looked at me in complete shock.

“Harp and I can share the bed in the other room to make you comfortable.”

“Oh no, if I stay I want to sleep by Harper.” I swear her face turned so red as we all laughed.

“Sure you can, but you best keep them hands to yourself, boy.” She giggled as she gave Ryder a nudge on his shoulder.

“I'll keep my hands to myself, Miss Harper.” He gave her a wink. I gave Harp a kiss on the cheek.


“Night, sweetness.”

“Night. Love you, Anna.”

I lay down in the bed and felt my eyes glue to Paisley as he took off his shirt. Oh my God, those muscular arms will be the death of me. I swear! I felt my eyes wander. He was perfect, just the right amount of muscle. I didn't like overly muscled-up guys. He lay down beside me and just stared into my eyes.

“Miss Belle, you have the most beautiful emerald green eyes I have ever seen.” I gave him a smile. We just laid there and soaked in one another. “Can I kiss you, Miss Belle?” I felt the heat come over my face.

“I thought you would never ask.” His hand slid gently up my side till it rested on my chin. I felt the heat as he lowered his lips to mine, and I was lost, lost in the warmth of his lips. He was so gentle and so passionate, I thought I could melt. He suckled my bottom lip just before slowly moving his tongue in. He ended it with a soft kiss to my forehead. I laid my head on his chest and fell asleep.

I knew when I woke up covered in sweat and everyone staring at me that I’d been screaming in my sleep.

“I'm okay, Harp. You can go back to bed.” She placed a kiss on my forehead.

“Okay, sweets, I’m right over there if you need me.” She and Ryder headed back to bed, and by the look on Paisley’s face, he needed an explanation. Tears started down my cheeks. He wrapped his arms around me and never said a word while I explained the event that led me to Tennessee. Somehow I found comfort in his touch. He never once let go. As he planted a soft kiss on my lips, we drifted back to sleep.

I woke up to the sound of my cell phone ringing. I looked over at the clock and it was noon. “Oh my God, noon,” I shouted as I jumped up and answered the phone. 

“Hi, Miss Martin.”

“Oh, good afternoon, Mia.” I finished my conversation and when I hung up, I jumped up off the bed. “Yes!” I shouted. Paisley jumped out of the bed about the same time Harper and Ryder ran in. 

Click here to purchase The Escape 


★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ 

***Biography***

N.C Winters has called West Virginia home for a over 20 years, she resides there with her husband Shawn and there four kids. She is 100% country and loves mudding and traveling the back roads with her family. The quickest way to her heart is with flowers and a reese cup. She loves country boys, reading and a happy ending.

★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ 

Social Media Information