Tuesday, October 28, 2014

SPOTLIGHT -- Scarlett Jade's "February Waltz"



****Blurb****

Zoe is left in Major when Calvin returns to duty, and fireworks explode as a lie they’ve carefully kept from her is suddenly revealed. While on bed rest, she begins a project that ends up being bigger than she ever imagined and it becomes the very thing that saves Major from its demise. The future becomes uncertain when an accident puts Zoe and Grams in danger. Everyone wonders what will happen to Zoe and Calvin’s fledgling marriage when the baby is born. Can they create a home for their daughter, or will their romance be destroyed in the tide?

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆ ★☆
 


***Excerpt***


Calvin sat down in the chair beside the bed. “Hey, are you okay?”

Zoe blinked rapidly and blew out a slow breath, her lips pursing with the exhalation. “Yeah. I get to go home.”

“That's a good thing. Oh! I have cookies from Grams. Do you want them?” He shifted and opened his
bag. “Does a bear poo in the woods, Calvin?” “Well, usually.” He snickered, handing her the plastic bag of cookies.

She tore into them with relish, groaning as the flaky sugar cookie dissolved on her tongue. 

“So good.” “Grams makes the best cookies I've ever had.”

“She sure does. I need her recipe. Not that I can bake for crap, but I would definitely like to try.” Zoe munched on the cookies and Calvin watched her quietly.

God, I hate lying to you...But it's just to keep you safe...I just hope you don't hate me later.

“Zoe, I need to call my sergeant again and keep him up on the situation. I'll be right back.”

“Okay!” She mumbled around a bite of cookie. “Hey, can you bring me something to drink?

“Sure, babe.” He smiled as he walked out of the room. Pulling his phone from his pocket, he dialed as he moved down the hallway. He paused at the drink machine long enough to feed change into the slot and pick a bottle of apple juice. “Hi Sergeant.” Calvin shifted to lean against the wall while he explained the situation to his superior. “I wanted to talk to you about something. I want to start out-processing.” He paused to listen. “Yes sir, I can come to Fort Carson. I'll be there. Thank you, sir.”

With a grin he disconnected the call and hurried down the hall. Zoe sat in bed still munching on a cookie, watching TV and she smiled as he came into the room. “Hey.”

“I brought you juice.”

“Awesome, thanks.” She took the bottle from him and opened it to take a few quick drinks. “How did your call go?”

“Good. Apparently my unit is going to be processing back sooner than later and I'm wanted in Fort Carson instead of back in Afghanistan.”

“Wait...You don't have to go back?” Her eyes went wide.

“Nope. I am planning on heading back there and beginning out-processing. The rest of my unit will be back in a few weeks.”

“That's incredible, Calvin!” She put her arms up for a hug and Calvin leaned forward into her embrace.

“So I'll be stateside. At least a little closer to you.” He whispered into her neck, savoring the feel of her arms around him.

“I'm so happy.”

“Good, you deserve to be. You deserve it and so much more.” He kissed her cheek and pulled back. “You know, I still have a Christmas present for you.”

“A present? For me? Calvin, I don't need anything... I'm not really in the spirit anymore.”


“Well, I'll give it to you soon. It's very special.” “Soon.” She nodded.

Calvin watched his wife's face as it ran the gamut

of emotions from worry to sadness, hope and back again. She bit into another cookie and closed her eyes as she chewed.


“It's going to be okay, Zoe.”

“I know.” she sighed.

Click here to purchase February Waltz

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆☆ ★☆★☆ ★☆
 

***Bio***

Scarlett Jade is just a small town Southern girl who is now a Northern transplant. She was always found from a young age with her brow furrowed, scribbling words on paper. Now that she is grown, life isn't much different, she still scribbles words, but mostly on the computer! She is married to the man of her dreams, her real life knight in shining armor and Prince Charming. She has one son who is the apple of her eye and she homeschools year round. You can typically find her playing in the dirt with her son or snuggled on the couch with her dog Peanut, reading a good book. She loves chocolate, thinks coffee should be a religion, and loves to make people laugh with her quirky sense of humor. She is bold, brazen, and even been told she's ballsy, but she doesn't mind, she takes it in stride. She has a huge passion for all things paranormal and has a penchant for spicy love stories that leave you turning the pages and dying to slide between the sheets of her next book!



Amazon page: http://amzn.to/1jrtKw6