Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Home to Stay By: Terri Osburn

~*~Book Description~*~
Willow Parsons’s two new best friends are getting married, putting her squarely on the sidelines of romance—which suits her just fine. After the nightmarish situation she escaped from, featuring the ultimate Mr. Wrong, she is more than happy to spend her days slinging drinks in Dempsey’s Bar & Grill, and her nights alone. But her Anchor Island refuge has just one catch: muscle-bound charmer Randy Navarro.
Everyone in town knows that Randy, owner of the local fitness club, is a giant teddy bear. Everyone, it seems, except for Willow. He’s convinced that her avoidance is more than just playing hard to get, and is determined to uncover the secrets that shadow her lovely eyes. But when old fears are dragged into the light, can Randy get Willow to stay and fight for their love…or will she take flight, leaving him and Anchor Island behind?
Home to Stay is a charming, romantic tale about following your heart to find where you belong.
~*~My Review~*~

A very cute traditional love story.

I received Home to Stay as one of my monthly gifts for being apart of Amazon Prime.

With secrets in her past that keep her on her toes, Willow is trying everything in her power not to get too attached to anyone in the small town of Anchor.

Before she realizes it, she has come to friend two best friends, Sid and Beth, and being the proud manager of the local bar and grill.

Sid's big brother, Randy, has a special eye on Willow, especially as of late.

Beth and Joe, who happens to be Randy's best friend, are getting married so Willow and Randy seem to find more and more reasons to run into each other.

I love traditional love stories. I get so hooked on paranormal and erotica and so distracted by them that I find I miss reading about every day love, about butterfly's in your stomach nerves, and silly excitement.

I was very sad that I realized about a quarter way through that this was a series book. Not that they needed to be read first to follow along, but I just wish this would have been labeled Book #3, and not just 'An Anchor Island Novel'. Now that I know the twists that happened in the previous books, I doubt I will actually go back to read them.

But I really did enjoy Home to Stay. A very cute story and very lovable characters.