Thursday, April 3, 2014

The King By J.R. Ward

~*~Book Description~*~

Long live the King… 

After turning his back on the throne for centuries, Wrath, son of Wrath, finally assumed his father’s mantle--with the help of his beloved mate. But the crown sets heavily on his head. As the war with the Lessening Society rages on, and the threat from the Band of Bastards truly hits home, he is forced to make choices that put everything--and everyone--at risk.

Beth Randall thought she knew what she was getting into when she mated the last pure blooded vampire on the planet: An easy ride was not it. But when she decides she wants a child, she’s unprepared for Wrath’s response--or the distance it creates between them.

The question is, will true love win out... or tortured legacy take over?


~*~My Review~*~

Another amazing book by the wonderful J.R. Ward!!

OMG, "The King" was a fantastic beyond fantastic continuation of the Black Dagger Brotherhood.

Wrath, King of the vampire race and leader of the BDB, finds himself utterly stressed out between his job and his true love, Beth.

Beth wants a baby more than anything, but it's a very risky thing in the vampire world. Women die all the time on the 'birthing table' and Wrath doesn't even want to chance it, let alone force his child upon the throne that he loathes.

Side stories include the ever fascinating Assail and Sola....I love their little side story and man, I really wished there was more. Also includes the ever annoying Trez...ugg....don't even get me started! (LOL)

Trez and the Chosen Selena, well let's just say I'm not a fan of their story.

However, I am a fan of the side story on the Chosen Layla and the Bastard Xcor. Seriously, I find myself so captivated by their connection and their choices!!! Also, I love what he Xcor does to try and impress upon Layla :)

Not much heard about the other brothers, sadly.

Though there was a bit of a mention for just about everyone...except Mary. I swear, you never hear about her anymore! Where's Mary J.R.!?!

So many funny lines in this! I love all the slams on Miley Cyrus and the Goddamn Cat! HAHA!

I tell you, I didn't have interest before, but I now want to know lots more about iAm! He such a quiet little (big) man, but I really hope we get more of him and less of his annoying brother Trez.

Anyway, seriously loved this book! Was so worth the wait!!