Saturday, May 31, 2014

Fantasy Lover By: Sherrilyn Kenyon

Dear Reader, 

Being trapped in a bedroom with a woman is a grand thing. Being trapped in hundreds of bedrooms over two thousand years isn't. And being cursed into a book as a love-slave for eternity can ruin even a Spartan warrior's day. 

As a love-slave, I know everything about women. How to touch them, how to savor them, and most of all, how to pleasure them. But when I was summoned to fulfill Grace Alexander's sexual fantasies, I found the first woman in history who saw me as a man with a tormented past. She alone bothered to take me out of the bedroom and onto the world. She taught me to love again. 

But I was not born to love. I was cursed to walk eternity alone. As a general, I had long ago accepted my sentence. Yet now I have found Grace--the one thing my wounded heart cannot survive without. Sure, love can heal all wounds, but can it break a two-thousand-year-old curse? 

Julian of Macedon



OK. I'm finally going to do it! I am going to review each of the Dark Hunter series books! AHHH! I'm so geeked!

Now for the record, I've already read the whole series (including the spin off Chronicles of Nick series). I love it very much. Obviously I had some books that were just so-so, some were just okay, and then some that blew my mind! 

Now that I'm going to be re-reading the series, and I actually understand the world of the Dark Hunters, I'm going to finally do reviews on them.

So, I'm starting of with the prequel, Fantasy Lover.

This book introduces how Julian Alexander has come to the land of New Orleans. 

Trapped and cursed by his elder brother to be forever a love-slave, Julian is summoned by the adorable Grace Alexander.

For 30 days, Julian is her for the taking...over, and over, and over!

However.....

Our little Miss. Gracie has some problems with sexual interactions. 

Due to her past history and how she lost her V-card, she can't stand the thought of using Julian the way he's suppose to be used.

She's determined to find a way to free him from this two thousand year curse and allow him to live the life he should have.

Of course, you can't spend all your days and nights with this hunky-hunkster-hunktastic specimen of man and not fall in love, right? Of course not!

So...anyway....

Fantastic book! I remember being very lost when I first read the series because I did in-fact pick this book up first and was like "Ummm....there's no mention to dark-hunters or vampires."

So, if that's YOU...then fear not my love. The official Book 1 - Night Pleasures...we really get into all that. But this really helps you to understand Julian and Grace Alexander's presence in the series.